Sunday, September 15, 2013

Arenagate

So I took a bit of time to make some changes to the first map I ever made :3 It's not perfect, but it works. I'll have to make some updates once it gets some playtime into it. So far I have already noticed a few things (some brush faces have bad lightmaps due to brushes sitting on top of them.. I'll have to clean them up a bit and nodraw better... Lava is too bright due to HDR .. But it took me a while to clean up the map.. Lots of stuff was not on the grid, and a bunch of the textures had to be edited/redone. I also redid the displacements, though they still need some work. I had to fix some of the old models too, because I really didn't know what I was doing back then.

Oh right, if anyone can't tell, it's Q3DM1. Here's some more stuffs about it.
Not true to the original
The map has been converted to Versus Saxton Hale / Freak Fortress 2 Format. I realized there were not really any maps like this for that mode, so I decided to give it a shot. The CTF version of this map was way too small. People don't really play it competitively once the powerup system broke in some TF2 Updates. Hales can easily get by sentries. I will make more updates once I find more bugs. On the upside, it only took like 3 minutes to compile on normal with hdr :)

No comments: