Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Kindle DXG

I recently got a Kindle DXG, so that I could take advantage of Ebooks. Paperbacks take up a lot of room, and cost a decent amount of money, even for titles that are now public domain. I was surprised to notice the amount and quality of PD books, as well as recent releases. The only thing that is somewhat disappointing is the reader's lack of EPUB support, so I end up having to convert all of my books to MOBI. It's not a real issue, as the two formats are essentially the same and conversion isn't lossy.


So far I have read:


Interview with the vampire (Anne Rice)
The vampire Lestat (Anne Rice)
Queen of the damned (Anne Rice)
Room (Emma Donoghue)
The old man and the sea (Ernest Hemingway)
Dune (Frank Herbert)
1984 (George Orwell)
Sh*t my dad says (Justin Halpern)
Full dark, no stars (Steven King)
The girl with the dragon tattoo (Steig Larsson)
The girl who played with fire (Steig Larsson)
The girl who kicked the hornet's nest (Steig Larsson)
The metamorphasis (Franz Kafka)
The call of Cthulhu (Howard Phillips Lovecraft)
The island of Dr. Moreau (H. G. Wells)

No comments: